Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Mohican 100 is almost here!

The Mohican 100 is on the horizon and I'm not quite sure what to think. I absolutely love this course and I'm excited to get out there and race, I just hope my legs show up to help me. For the Cohutta 100 last month, I did well but half way through the race my legs just went into limp mode. I'm hoping that this round will be a bit better. My last two attempts in 2009 and 2010 were 8:30 and 8:56 respectively. In 2010 being the horrendously muddy race and a sure test of mental toughness. This year's conditions seem to be forecasted to be great. I just hope it delivers. If everything goes right I'm hoping to get my 2nd sub 8 100 miler finish. The task at hand now is to analyze some data and see how I can get to that magic sub 8 number. I do see that there are a few course tweaks and hopefully that shouldn't put too much of a dent into the race plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment